Teen Green is a youth-led environmental group that is focused on improving our environment. We are made up of students from the Connect to College Mentoring Program. We are committed to bringing people together through community action that helps the environment and the quality of life in our neighborhoods.
Teen Green’s Goals
Teen Green seeks to better the community by not only aiding the environment directly, but also by raising awareness about environmental issues. Projects that we are working on include:
- Beach Clean-Up Projects
- School/Park beautification projects
- A Bi-Annual Oak Tree Reseeding event
- SuperAdobe Building Project
- And much more!
Leadership and Community Service
We offer leadership training and community service opportunities through our Teen Green volunteer program to help students become competitive applicants for college and outstanding productive citizens of their community.
- Project ADOPT is a volunteer opportunity that provides a fun and valuable experience to all Connect to College students to promote ownership of a local Park.
- Project ADOPT encourages our Teen Green members to become directly involved in beautification projects in the Greater Pomona Valley.
- 2013-2014 Project ADOPT Site: Cahuilla Park, Claremont
Dates: First Saturday of every month (September – July)
Time: 9 AM – 11 AM
- 1717 N. Indian Hill Blvd., Claremont, CA, 91711
(The park is N. of Claremont HS on the west side of Indian Hill)
Sontag Residence Hall’s Rooftop Garden Mentoring Program
A partnership between The Draper Center & Uncommon Good’s Teen Green
The Draper Center for Community Partnerships fosters mutually beneficial exchanges between Pomona College and the larger community of which we are a part of. We do this by connecting community members, students, faculty, and staff in support of educational outreach, community-based research and learning, and other community engagement activities.
1) To familiarize Teen Green students with college life and environment by partnering them with Pomona College students and bringing them to campus regularly.
2) To help build the leadership and facilitation skills of both Teen Green students and Pomona students by allowing them to work together to plan and lead workshops around sustainability, food justice, and gardening.
3) To strengthen existing relationships between Pomona College and Uncommon Good.
4) To increase awareness and activism around environmental issues in order to prepare well-equipped, environmentally-conscious future leaders.
5) To have fun and build community!
Teen Green Leaders
- Andrea Bran, Claremont HS
- Bryan Uribe, I-Poly HS
- Xena, Vice-President
- Eustacio, Vice-President
- Kira, Secretary
- Heidi, Secretary
- Stephanie, Treasurer
- Kim, Publicity
2012-2013 Teen Green Project Leaders
- Belen, Bonita HS
- Diego, Bonita HS
- Alejandro, Bonita
- Aaron, Claremont HS
- Vincent, Claremont HS
- Fredy, Cortez
- Erick, Cortez
- Edith, Cortez
- Anahy, Cortez
- Jonathan, Diamond Ranch HS
- Alberto, Diamond Ranch HS
- Luis, Diamond Ranch HS
- Jose, Diamond Ranch HS
- Samuel, Diamond Ranch HS
- Damian, Pomona HS
- Jair, Ganesha HS
- Daisy, Ganesha HS
- Patricia, Ganesha
- Brittny, Ganesha
- Jailene, Ganesha HS
- Mariana, Ganesha HS
- Karina, I- Poly HS
- Stepahnie, I-Poly HS
- Jonathan, I-Poly HS
- Diana, I-Poly HS
- Jennifer, I-Poly HS
Teen Green meets every other Thursday of the school year at Pomona College, Sontag Residence Hall’s Rooftop Garden,
For more information on Teen Green please contact:
Carlos D. Carrillo at firstname.lastname@example.org
Architect's Rendering of Our Whole Earth Building
- Fresh Organic Produce is available from our Fiddleneck Family Farms at the Claremont Farmers Market, Sundays from 8 am - 1 pm.
- Thanks to everyone who participated in the Whole Earth Building Grand Opening. View the photos.
- Shop at the Uncommon Good Store: Visit www.uncommongoodstore.com to make your gift purchases from popular sites and we get a donation.
Important DatesTeen Green's Project ADOPT
- Cahuilla Park
- Indian Hill Blvd. & Scripps Dr., Claremont, 91711
Class of 2017 Meeting
- January 29/ 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Pomona College, Smith Campus Center
Class of 2015 Meeting
- February 5/ 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Uncommon Good Office
Connect To College Parent Meeting
Read Our Newsletter
- February 8/ 8:30 a.m. - 12 noon
- Uncommon Good Office