Teen Green is a youth-led environmental group that is focused on improving our environment. We are made up of students from the Connect to College Mentoring Program. We are committed to bringing people together through community action that helps the environment and the quality of life in our neighborhoods.
Teen Green’s Goals
Teen Green seeks to better the community by not only aiding the environment directly, but also by raising awareness about environmental issues. Projects that we are working on include:
- Beach Clean-Up Projects
- School/Park beautification projects
- Whole Earth Building Project landscape maintenance
- Assist with Fiddleneck Family Farms
- And much more!
Leadership and Community Service
We offer leadership training and community service opportunities through our Teen Green volunteer program to help students become competitive applicants for college and outstanding productive citizens of their community.
Sontag Residence Hall’s Rooftop Garden Mentoring Program
A partnership between The Draper Center & Uncommon Good’s Teen Green
The Draper Center for Community Partnerships fosters mutually beneficial exchanges between Pomona College and the larger community of which we are a part of. We do this by connecting community members, students, faculty, and staff in support of educational outreach, community-based research and learning, and other community engagement activities.
1) To familiarize Teen Green students with college life and environment by partnering them with Pomona College students and bringing them to campus regularly.
2) To help build the leadership and facilitation skills of both Teen Green students and Pomona students by allowing them to work together to plan and lead workshops around sustainability, food justice, and gardening.
3) To strengthen existing relationships between Pomona College and Uncommon Good.
4) To increase awareness and activism around environmental issues in order to prepare well-equipped, environmentally-conscious future leaders.
5) To have fun and build community!
Teen Green Leaders
- Yajaira, Pomona High School
- Ivan, Pomona High School
- Anahy, Diamond Ranch HS
- Evelyn, Diamond Ranch HS
- Julianna, Diamond Ranch HS
- Martha, School of Arts & Enterprise
- Raquel, I-Poly
- Alejandro, Pomona HS
Teen Green meets every other Thursday of the school year at Pomona College, Sontag Residence Hall’s Rooftop Garden,
For more information on Teen Green please contact:
Jesus Sanchez, email@example.com