MED WAIT LIST
Uncommon Good accepts applications for its Medicine for the Economically Disadvantaged Program (MED) wait list on an ongoing basis. To be eligible for the program, an applicant must:
- Be a physician, dentist, optometrist or pharmacist
- Be employed full time in a community clinic that is a member of the Community Clinic Association of Los Angeles County
- Demonstrate a long term commitment to community medicine
- Demonstrate leadership in community medicine
- Demonstrate cultural and/or linguistic competency with the population served by his or her clinic
- Have unpaid educational debt from undergraduate and/or medical school
Priority consideration is given to Latino or African-American applicants for some grants. Secondary priority is given to Asian applicants who are members of a nationality that has a sizable low-income population in Los Angeles County.
Priority also is given to applicants who owe the greatest amount of educational debt. However, participating in another loan repayment assistance program does not disqualify an applicant from the MED program.
Applicants for the wait list may download the application at http://uncommongood.org/?page_id=357. Upon receipt of an application, applicants will receive a confirmation email. Once applicants are placed on the wait list, they remain on the wait list and do not need to submit another application if additional funding becomes available. Applicants are responsible for updating Uncommon Good if their contact information changes.
Please mail your application and all supporting documents to:
211 W. Foothill Blvd.
Claremont, CA 91711